Hello Bar

jeudi 8 novembre 2018

How to feel Good through Embroidery and other stories!



Hello to you!

Today in my article, I'm changing course slightly ... whilst remaining very connected with embroidery and the daily good it brings us! When you're good to yourself and feel fulfilled, and in on top of that you embroider, everything seems to be easier and it allows you to find answers to some very difficult questions.

I'll tell you how I found myself this year by slightly exposing myself and being open with you!


 First a quote from Lise Bourbeau, that'll get you thinking this morning! It translates to:

"Everything that Lives must Grow. For Human Beings this means "to grow from the inside out"

Listen to your Body


From 21 to 49 years old

In a few days time I'll be taking a new step in my life..I'll have the pleasure to be admitted into the fifties club! Since last year (on my 49th birthday) my life was wonderfully rocked and I want to share why, with you. I hope my story will be of interest and I that it'll make you want to do the same thing as me... free yourself!

For 49 years I groaned, I grumbled, I defended myself and found unceasingly that "it wasn't fair" or "he doesn't have the right" ... I always projected the fault onto others..  I had bad temper and I didn't like myself much ... I controlled everything ... or I tried to at least ... but the truth is totally the opposite.

I was controlled by my mini me inside..my ego..Now a year ago I wasn't interested in this word, nor did I know much about it ... (ah yes mine mine ego's name is Romeo by the way!)

It's thanks to my new hobby that I discovered the power of the ego ... by doing yoga! .. I know it's fashionable, everyone talks about it..but I wasn't attracted to try it at all..and even saw it with a skeptical eye ... until the day I let myself be accompanied by a friend to give it a try ...


My Revelation

Yoga, and especially meditation, opened my eyes! It was a moment for me where I could really be myself and question myself honestly!

My yoga teacher quickly saw who I was and that I lived under the strong influence of my ego and that the real me was there, but deep inside and that there was work to be done!

This is when he told us about Lise Bourbeau and recommended me to read one of her books: The 5 Wounds. Reading that book saved my life and my revelation came.

I felt totally relieved. I recognised myself in several types of wounds..I felt that the author had written the book with me in mind and it was quite frightening how well she knew me. I finally understood why I didn't love myself enough and the reason for my "bad" temper and difficult personality.  I was relieved to know that the real me was still in there!

Putting into Action

As you can imagine, it jostled me a lot and I had to work with more and more emotions that rose to the surface as the truth became clear! But I accepted these challenges with confidence and well being and knew that it was for my own good! I felt lighter with each passing day.

I learned to esteem myself, to forgive myself and especially to love myself!

And the results weren't only seen within myself..the fact that I was better and that I didn't project my problems onto others, that I recognised that it was not their fault if something spiked me or annoyed me. This helped to avoid confrontation..and peace returned to our home!

Listen to your body
"Remember that your happiness relies on what you cultivate inside your soul"

My conclusion


Thanks to lots of little "synchronicities" that came together on my path, I had an incredible year. I recognised myself and found myself; I learned to accept, love and forgive myself and to trust in my inner instinct. My relationships have improved. I followed courses online on a lot of topics; I read piles of books and I especially accepted who I am and why I'm here ... but that's another story for another time!

Here comes the moment of truth! I hope you've read so far. This would mean that you don't think i'm mad and that my experience touches or resonates in you? I would really love it if you could take 2 minutes to answer these questions or write a comment below this article please?


  • Do you know Lise Bourbeau's books?
  • Have you read The 5 Wounds?
  • Have you had a similar experience?
  • Do you feel that your ego is too ubiquitous?
  • Do you want to free yourself too?


If you would like to read this book and enjoy the benefits of acceptance, you can get it on Amazon in English (Lise Bourbeau is French Canadian and wrote the original in french)

The 5 Wounds - Lise Bourbeau



Last little reminder concerning the Calendar of Advent 2018 .. I only have 2 Thread/Fabric calendars left and some Thread Calendars still in stock. Shipments will be made from November 21st ..you have until Sunday, November 18th to get one! Don't miss out!

See you next week with a virtual visit of the Moncoutant show that i'm attending this weekend!


Happy Stitching!

Melanie
xxxxxx

1 commentaire:

  1. Je ne connais pas du tout Lise Bourbeau mais tu nous donnes envie de la découvrir. Quel bonheur d'entendre un passage de la cinquantaine aussi agréable.

    RépondreSupprimer