Hello Bar

jeudi 11 octobre 2018

Nothing Makes you Scared




Hello to you!

Yes it's been a week already since my last article. It's a bit scary how time flies quickly isn't it?  A couple of weeks ago I was describing the life of an intermediate embroiderer. This week I'll reveal to you what it's  like to arrive at Expert level!





Nothing makes you Scared

As the subtitle indicates, you have made your way on the embroidery path and here you are arrived at Expert level ... probably without even realising that you were there!

If you're a cross-stitch addict, traditional embroidery adept, blackwork, hardhanger, sashiko lover..or any of the big embroidery family types, there's a good chance that you're already at this level!

If scares you and you embroider everything you want. If you mix, take a letter from this chart here, a pattern from there, and add a detail from your latest designer and you mix it all .. you're already at this level believe me! If you use all types of threads not just DMC..nuanced over-dyed or even variegated ones...you're there




Everything is Do-able

If you find that cross-stitch or traditional embroidery (or any other type that you do) has become a little limited and you are more and more attracted by other styles of embroidery, or you want to learn a new embroidery technique. Or if you like to mix types of embroidery in the same piece of work ... you're probably an expert stitcher!

If you embroider on all types of fabrics (fine aida, eavenweave and linen that gets tighter and tighter) without blinking an eyelid, without asking questions and without fear..you're expert level! If you embroider  1 over 1 thread (miniature) as if it was 2 over 2 ... you're an expert! (just as a side note I always had trouble with the 1 x 1 so I think it's a question of taste!)



Everything is do-able, everything is embroiderable, everything is beautiful! And especially embroidery at expert level with the amount you probably do (competition level amounts of embroidery!), it  does so much good to your brain and your well-being in general. The benefits of "letting go" while you embroider directly affects your interior "you" and treats and soothes you with every stitch. You're less stressed when you embroider and it shows in your smile :)

So in your opinion:

  • Are you Expert Level (or not far from getting there)?
  • How many hours a day do you embroider?
  • What type of fabric do you embroider?
  • Do you want to deepen your existing embroidery style?
  • Are you attracted by other types of embroidery?
  • Do you mix stitches and types of embroidery easily?
  • Do you feel the benefits of "letting go"?

I can't wait to see your answers down below in the comments!

Feel free to share this article and spread the word about my articles and blog, it will help me to promote my business and help me to reach more and more wonderful women like you!

Happy Stitching!

Melanie
xxxxxx

2 commentaires:

  1. Hi Melanie, Interesting topic! I'm probably in the medium level. I like to stitch on linen/evenweave mainly, but I still use aida fabric sometimes. I want to learn other types of embroidery & I like to mix stitches/types. However, sometimes I think the most simple type of patterns and stitches can be very quaint and beautiful. I stitch on average an hour a day, however sometimes I binge stitch and other times I can't find time due to work. I feel the benefits of letting go, especially when the stitching is easy.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Lisa!
      I love it Binge stitching!! yes letting go seems to be a very natural thing when stitching is enjoyable and fun!
      Thank you for your comment!
      Happy Stitching!
      Melanie

      Supprimer