Hello Bar

jeudi 18 octobre 2018

Inside Story - Behind the Scenes



Hello to you!

Since my last article last Thursday, I've been up to my 'homeland' England for a week..not for sightseeing or shopping, but to work!

I went up to participate in The Knitting & Stitching Show at Alexandra Palace, in North London..my first ever!

I'd like to thank all my new friends that came to my stand and took part in the show with me. I had a great time meeting everyone of you. You were all funny, open and motivating and my show wouldn't have been a success without you!



So today I'm taking you with me on a virtual tour..you'll be able to visit a small part of the show without leaving your armchair! 

This is the view when you arrive at the palace..it's a beautiful historical building.
Alexandra Palace

Alexandra Palace

Alexandra Palace

Once inside, we discovered the splendid Great Hall..with it's Rose Window and giant organ!


The Rose Window
The organ and future VIP Lounge


Palm Court - The Palace entrance 

Then came the moment of finding my stand..that I didn't see because it was supposed to be smaller...my neighbour dropped out at the last minute so I inherited 4m2! Which is great...but I wasn't prepared for it!



My Stand- N27


My Stand- N27

Once the surprise was over and I'd got my head around how to present my designs and place the tables etc..this is what it looked like..

After


Installation..Done!
First day (with my sister)


There were A LOT of visitors..30,000 I believe! I saw some old colleagues like Michael Powell, and made lots of new friends too...

David and Olivier (two friendly french guys who were on Cousu Main- (French Sewing Bee)
A giant duck along with its 350 crochet friends made by TOFT

and a giant Lobster!


It was a great 4 days and again a big THANK YOU to you ladies (and 2 men) that came by our stand. Your reactions and compliments are very encouraging and have given me a boost for the next step! 

I signed up for 2019..so lets make a date and meet up this time next year ;)

Thank you for reading me this far and for sharing this article if you enjoyed it. It'll help me reach new ladies and spread the word about Tom & Lily Creations!

I wish you a great week!

Happy Stitching!
Melanie
xxxxxx



2 commentaires:

  1. Melanie

    So pleased to hear the stitching show went well for you and I am excited to hear that you
    are signed up for next year.
    I bought Boules de Noel and Sapin Rouge Gorges, struggled to decide which to start first,
    but am happily stitching the robins.
    Thank you for all the time, effort and investment you made to come to the show...and
    well done expanding last minute into the unexpected double stand space....
    we had no idea and it looked great.

    All the best
    Esther

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Esther,
      Thanks for your kind comments and good choice with the Robins..I loved creating that one in particular!
      I've copied your message here..I hope that's OK?
      Happy Stitching
      Melanie

      Supprimer