Hello Bar

jeudi 14 février 2019

Stitching Is...+ Thread Contest



Hello

Today I'm talking about a quote on embroidery that I find very accurate; I'll present you three new over-dyed threads that I just created ... and you can try to win one by participating in a contest! All this on a sunny Valentine's Day Thursday! I hope the sun's shining where you live ... it's great how good the sun makes you feel!



In wikipedia: "Recreation is a break for students in schools, colleges and high schools"

And also: "Recreation is a leisure activity, leisure being a discretionary time. [1] The "need to do something for recreation" is an essential element of human biology and psychology. 2] Recreational activities are often done for pleasure, and are considered "fun".

Why should it be just for "children"? We too need time to rest and a moment for ourselves, to break from daily routine. A minimum of 30 minutes of embroidery a day is a good thing and you do more good to your brain and body than you think!


Stitching allows us to let go and allows the recreation of our minds for sure! So don't be afraid to take time for yourself..it doesn't matter if the dishes aren't washed or if the vacuum cleaner is waiting for you..you have better things to do!

New Threads

To be able to stitch, apart from a piece of fabric and a needle, you need threads .. and that's good because I have 3 to show you. I did some ATALIE thread dyeing last week to rebuild my stock. I also experimented with some new colour combinations.

Once I'm in my dye workshop, I can't stop! .. especially when the sun warms the room through the window and I'm listening to pleasant and catchy music!

Colour inspires me and I get a lot of pleasure and wellness from touching, mixing and creating new colours..but you knew that already right? You know that I'm mad about colour and all its therapeutic powers !

Here are three new threads.. 

Mes nouvelles créations FIL
These threads will be available on my site and in my "On Etsy" store very soon!

Contest

So what do you think?  To celebrate the launch of these threads I've organised a contest for you to try and win one. Would you like that?

It's simple to participate..Please list your answers to this question below in the comments

What would you name each thread?

I'm lacking in inspiration and I would love your help to find a nice title for each thread! So please put your answers 1, 2 and 3 in the comments under this article and your name will be added to the draw. If your choice is drawn, you'll receive a skein of that thread.

1) 


Triple colour Turquoise/Royal Blue/Purple

2)
Royal Blue/Purple
 3)
Purple/Emerald
I can't wait to read your proposals! Please share this article with your friends and on social media, so that the greatest number can play.


Would you be tempted to join us for the SAL 365 Temperature with this year's Tree of Life chart? One leaf per day to cross-stitch, colour depending on the temperature outside. At the end of the year you'll have embroidered a tree of life unique to you, made stitching friends all over the world, all that whilst doing yourself good!

All info is here: https://bit.ly/2Eg1aDu

See you next week for another article on embroidery, colour and well-being! In the meantime, have a wonderful week!

Happy Stitching!
Melanie
xxxxxx

4 commentaires:

  1. This article is very informative I've read this article for improving my embroidery skill and it's really worth it thanks for posting.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Ce commentaire a été supprimé par l'auteur.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thanks for your sharing, I have asked myself how can keep my blog if I have no idea about content? Through your post I have good solutions for this problem.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. An amazing art of threads, stitching is my life when it comes to Embroidery Digitizing machine i have to work on it. THank you

    RépondreSupprimer