Hello Bar

jeudi 10 janvier 2019

Happy New Year 2019 + A bit about me..



Hello to you!

Well here it is my first article of 2019 and first i'd like to wish you a wonderful New Year 2019!



With this new year at it's beginning I wanted to take the opportunity to tell you a little bit about me. who I am and why I do what I do, so that all you new readers who've just joined us, get to know me a little better and also feel at home here. I want this blog to be a safe and nice space for you, where you'll feel good. I want you to feel relaxed and truly happy..once you do life seems to be easier and everything just falls into place. 
On this blog I'll talk to you about cross-stitch, embroidery, color and energy and share well-being tips for you to take time for yourself without feeling uneasy or guilty!

Who am I?



As most of my clients know, but for those of you who are new here, do not necessarily know, my name is Melanie. I was born 50 years ago (yikes) in Wimbledon in the suburbs of London, the first of three girls. My Dad is English and my Mother is French..so I'm lucky to have both nationalities.
 

I did all my schooling there, and yes in uniform and tie (a kilt even from ages 11 - 16) and knee high socks ... in a house like Harry Potter ... but with a little less magic than him ... I loved school ... Every summers (8 weeks) were spent in Perpignan at my maternal grandmother's (seamstress) .. the heat, the sea, the huge and tasty tomatoes and ... handicrafts (yuk) .. she taught me canvas embroidery, knitting and worse of all crochet ... for me it was waste of time - I could rather be in the sea ... but I got to spend time with her and for that there was no price ..




After my A levels (equivalent of the BAC), a French degree and a post graduate year in education , I leaned towards a career as a language teacher .. one side of my family was and still are teachers ... the other side are artists and colourists ... some of them even do both professions in one! Anyhow here I am teacher..a job that I always told myself was not for me..but in my veins ... in my guts ..


THE encounter that changed my Life


And then I meet Gilles ... in France ... at the beach near Perpignan..a brief holiday romance..with not much of a future ... or maybe not ... After 5 years of round-trips (and ups and downs) I find myself in Dijon, teaching English and still with Gilles. Every day walking to work, I had to go past a haberdashery, located next door. Every day I stopped to look in the window, then one day I went in. I bought a mini DMC Cross Stitch kit ... two teddy bears one pink and one blue..I quickly went home to stitch it .. the crosses went in all directions, it was ugly but I loved it ..and the sensations of the needle came back to me and memories of my grandmother too ...what joy ... 

The Start of the Beginning!

Then one day a desire to embroider an alphabet with the theme of the Catalan country came to me..but couldn't find it anywhere, it didn't exist..so I decide to create it myself and work on it for a year! Following the encouragements of my family and friends I design the chart and approach a haberdashery .. they contact me 7 days later to order 10 more... wow it's cool!

Catalan Sampler - 2004
The second Encounter that changed my Life! 

So armed with my new earned positiveness, I defy myself to create a design for a contest. I take my stitching to a frame shop in Salon. The owner asks me if I'm a cross stitch designer and if I can show her my drawings. A week later I come to collect my framed piece and I show her my drawings. She makes an offer I can't refuse.. she asks me to stitch some of my designs with her new hand dyed stitching thread range and see what I think ... well it looked great! My creative career was born that day..and Martine (The Fil Atalie) became my professional mentor and fairy godmother.. I was in the right hands! 


The Moral

Whilst writing this article, I realise all the wonderful opportunities I had and that my encounters throughout this story were truly guided. I am about to change the company's formula (it's been 15 years that I started it) . I will carry on with the embroidery designs, and the hand dyed fabrics and threads of course, but I'm going to introduce plenty of new and fresh ideas and add an approach that is a little different, to bring you even more pleasure and especially to make you feel good! It's my Mission!

The moral of this story (if there is one to be found) is that you have to trust your lucky stars and be open to everything, be flexible. Even when you think something is bad or negative or that something is blocking the road, there is a good reason why it's happening to us and I truly believe it's because there is an even better solution a little further along!

Where you are is exactly where you need to be.  THE moment for women to shine and come together in strength has arrived. This is an opportunity for you to take your space and attention you deserve. You are wonderful and full of talents that you have to share with the world. We will learn and grow together!

I really would like you to leave me a comment at the bottom of this article, or if you prefer to send me a message by mail tometlily@hotmail.com or on FB messenger. Tell me who you are and how you feel right now, what you are working on, or anything else that comes to mind!
See you soon!

Happy Stitching!
Melanie
xxxxxx

14 commentaires:

  1. Hello! I’ve been following your blog for a while now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Kingwood Texas! Just wanted to mention keep up the good work! New Years Eve Day

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Thanks for making the honest attempt to speak about this. I believe very robust approximately it and want to read more. If it’s OK, as you gain more in depth wisdom, would you thoughts adding extra articles similar to this one with additional information? It might be extremely useful and useful for me and my friends. Happy New Year Status 2020

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Wow this hit it to the spot we will bookmark on Bebo and also Hub pages thanks Городскую комиссию по землепользованию сменил Мосинвестконтроль | Профессиональные новости | ООО “Белго+” – Двери производства Белоруси. Продажа, установка love it And also my prayers to the people at atomic plant we hope you are OK along with safer too !!! Kudos Financial Advisers Fireworks at Happy New Year 2020

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Perfect work you have done, this web site is really cool with good information. NEW YEAR WISHES STATUS 2020

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. Woh I enjoy your articles , saved to favorites ! . New Year 2020 Greetings Cards

    RépondreSupprimer
  6. New York Travel Tips… [...]below you’ll find the link to some sites that we think you should visit[...]… New Year Messages And Greetings

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. This committee help to many people. You can use their services in your work. You can read research papers about all details of their work. New Year Cards Design

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. This is such a great resource that you’re offering and you provide out at no cost. I appreciate seeing sites that realize the worth of offering a perfect useful resource totally free. I genuinely loved reading your submit. Happy New Year Messages Free

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Thrilled you desire sensible business online guidelines keep wearing starting tools suitable for the particular web-based business. cash New Year 2020 Quotes And Sayings

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this Magic Mesh Door Coverblog. I’m hoping the same high-grade blog post from you in the future also. Actually your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my own screen door instant website going now. Actually blogging is spreading its wings and growing fast. Your write up is a great example. New Year Wishes And Quotes

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Hi this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I’m starting a blog soon but have no coding knowledge so I wanted to get guidance from someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Happy New Year Best Greetings 2020

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. some genuinely choice content on this internet site , saved to my bookmarks . Exchanging Greetings on New Year’s Day

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. I have been reading out many of your articles and i can claim pretty nice stuff. I will make sure to bookmark your blog. Best Ways to Celebrate New Year 2020

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Outstanding post, you have pointed out some good details , I likewise conceive this s a very good website. NEW YEAR WISHES AND QUOTES

    RépondreSupprimer