Hello Bar

jeudi 1 juillet 2021

When Colour Touches Your Soul + Other Stories!


Hi There!

How has your week been? My week has been busy but not too busy! I've been taking things a bit slower to be able to go faster over the next couple of weeks. I've finished all the fabric dyeing and everything is back in stock on my website and on Etsy..I'm just preparing some new fabric packs for my On Etsy shop and I'm also practically ready to launch the new fabric type soon...watch this space for some lovely photos!

This weekend I hope to get to the beach a little as I've been busy or the weather hasn't been right for it..but I'm aiming at Friday which looks like it'll be perfect and just before all the tourists arrive on Saturday!

In this week's article I'll be sharing the Quote of the Month which really makes sense to me and I'll be showing you the photos of the June piece of fabric in the Fabric subscription...Let's see if you guessed right?

Quote of the Month


"Colour is power which directly influences the soul"

Wassily Kandinsky, (1866 - 1944), was a Russian painter and art theorist. Kandinsky is generally credited as the pioneer of abstract art and used a lot of colour in his paintings as you can see in these famous paintings below. He certainly knew what he was talking about when he wrote this quote!

YellowRedBlue Painting

Color Study Quadrate

Composition VIII

When I read this quote by Wassily Kandinsky it really resonated in me and I agree 100% with what he describes. I feel like all the colours I create, touch, use and see really do touch my soul. 

I feel very lucky to be able to have a career in colour. I like to think that all that power, positive energy and love that the colour gives me is transferred to you when you buy and use my products for your intimate stitching time. It has become an integral part of my business model and I really hope you feel the benefits from stitching and touching my colours?

How about you? What kind of relationship do you have with colour? I know that when I started hand dyeing my fabric ranges 15 years ago, I got a very mixed reaction. I had some very interesting conversations with stitchers about how they either loved to mix and match colours and that it was a relief to find bright stitching fabric at last, or that they were afraid of colour and didn't know how to put them together and were happy with their plain white or natural coloured fabrics.

June Fabric Subscription


The June month fabric colour is one that I used to hate..but that I've learnt to love and really appreciate its force and the boost in confidence it gives me! The June colour is...SUNNY YELLOW!



Drying

Drying

16CT Aida, 32 CT Murano and 32 CT linen


I thought that it would be great to start the fabric subscription Summer season off with a bang and chose Yellow as the first month colour.. What do you think? You either love it or you love it!
When you think of Yellow you think of the sun, light and luminosity. Sun flowers, daffodils and buttercups! It's a radiant colour that brightens a room, a painting or an outfit.
It's also linked to the ego and one's personality and one's self confidence ( or unease and shyness when the colour is missing). The part of the body that is associated to yellow is the stomach and the digestive system ( amongst others close by)
It's partner on the chromatic circle is Dark Blue. Yellow is the day and the Blue is the night. They compliment and flatter each other perfectly.. Give the mix of both a try..you'll love it. 

Joining the Fabric Club Subscription

I launched my fabric subscription at the end of May and I'll be starting with the summer pieces of fabric. One for the month of June, one for the month of July, and one for the month of August.

One of the fabric subscriptions is a monthly plan where I send out one piece of chosen fabric type to my subscribers. The other subscription plan is a seasonal one where I send out three pieces of fabric at the beginning of each season. As you can probably gather I have to hand dye the three seasonal colours all at once in preparation to send out at the beginning of the new season.

If you'd like to have more information and see more photos of the fabric colours, head over to the info page by following this link: http://bit.ly/FabricClubSubscription. If you have any questions, hesitations or ideas please don't hesitate to get in touch!

I would love to know if the Quote of the Month resonates with you and whether you like the colour Yellow or not? If you would like any information about either of my two subscriptions please reach out and contact me via mail: tometlily@hotmail.com or via messenger. Have a great week full of stitches and YELLOW!

Happy Stitching!

Melanie

xxxxxx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire