Hello Bar

jeudi 15 juillet 2021

How To Associate Coloured Fabric and Threads

 


Hi There! 

Well what a week! With July 14 yesterday, the rather surprising announcements of the president on Monday and the mouse hunt! Oh yes I didn't tell you about the mouse? A sweet little mouse came into our house and made a chest of drawers her home. Probably not happy with the quality of room service, she was surprised rummaging in a rubbish bag in the kitchen and in her great escape hid in the outer casing of our oven! We spent a whole afternoon trying to locate it, dismantle the oven and eventually letting it go into the garden! What an adventure!

Other than that I finished preparing the July thread and canvas packs, and everything was sent on Tuesday! So now I'm starting to dye threads for restocking, and I'm even preparing to dye the threads for the August pack… It would be great to take a bit of time off next month!

This week I'm going to explore the subject of colour matching and give you some tips on colours that compliment each other beautifully!

How to Associate Colours

This is a question I often see in groups on Facebook, or I was often asked at trade shows, what colours to combine together for fabric and threads. The first answer I tend to give is that colour is a very personal choice. Each person perceives and sees colour differently, and everyone has a specific relationship with colour according to their life experiences ...Do you notice that you are always attracted to the same colours over and over again? Well there are many reasons for that .. but that will be for another article! Today I'm starting a series of articles on how to combine colours with confidence! I'd like to take the time to say that the combinations that I share remain my personal choices and you are free to explore your own, and I strongly encourage you to do so! Whatever colours you choose together will look great to you and that's the most important thing right?

Magenta and Green


BOLLYWOOD & EMERALD



I'm starting with the Magenta (Pink) and Green, two colours that are a couple on the chromatic circle. It's a flawless combination of two colours, which we find everywhere in nature, in flowers, bushes and fields. Lime green / spring pink also represent the colours of spring and the birth of new flowers and the need for colour when we come out of a dreary winter. On green fabric you can stitch with magenta threads and a whole range of different pink hues. Vice versa, on a pink Bollywood or Chamallow fabric, I recommend green threads of all kinds! The effect will be guaranteed.




Signification of These 2 Colours

Green is THE colour of nature and all natural environments. It is also synonymous with the environment and wide open spaces, independence and autonomy and above all freedom! Someone who loves green is an independent person who needs space (physically or emotionally) to feel good!



Conversely, Magenta pink is the colour of the bond and union with others. It's the colour of Love and Affection for oneself and for others. A need for connection and relationships. Which is the opposite of green, as I described above.



Two complementary colours with opposite symbolisms, but so pretty together!


Other Colours

As you have seen the pink and the green are complementary and very pretty together and that in all the possible nuances that they both have. You can of course add other colours in addition to these two colours.

I really like the association of purple on the pink fabric .. not surprising because they are close together on the colour circle, so they share a little of their hues between them.

I often use a little yellow or orange on a green background, because I find all these colours flatter each other, a bit like an English garden in spring with all it's beautiful blooming bright coloured flowers. In nature Green is the base colour and it looks great with so many different colours, so feel free to take inspiration from what you see in nature. Above all have fun choosing which colours look the best together and listen to your intuition..you won't go wrong!

I hope you enjoyed this article and that you enjoyed discovering my tips for pairing these colours together? Don't hesitate to share it with your friends or on your social networks!

I would love to know how you use your colours together in your embroidery, and what your favorite colour combinations are in the comments below or via Messenger or mail: tometlily@hotmail.com

Have a great week! Maybe I'll see you in one of my groups, on my website or my Etsy store, or why not on my FB or Instagram page (I'm still having fun creating Reels !! Have you seen any of them yet?

Happy Stitching!

Melanie

xxxxxx

1 commentaire: