Hello Bar

jeudi 17 octobre 2019

Welcome + Knitting & Stitching Show



Hello to you!

The Knitting and Stitching Show is finished and I'm now feeling the fatigue from our intense 5 days at the show! This weeks newsletter will be brief!


Alexandra Palace

I'll be showing you some photos taken during the weekend in case you couldn't make it. A few of my stand (that was greatly appreciated by the ladies visiting, and a few of the site and some visiting designers on my stand...


Main Entrance

View of London

Welcome

Before that I would just like to say a big THANK YOU to all those who came to my stand, whether old friends or new. You all made my weekend and show. Emily, my sister and I were high on all your loving energy and we had some lovely conversations with you.
I welcome you here, as my newsletter readers and I appreciate you being here and thank you for following me.


Emily and I

The Knitting & Stitching Show

We set up the stand on Wednesday 9th. This year no surprise big stands (see article from last year) but our cosy corner stand as expected. Here is the stand before and after 5 hours work!


BEFORE

AFTER

AFTER

We met so many amazing women, and a few men too! We saw friends that we'd made last year too and generally had a great time! We even had some french ladies that came over especially for the show (Marie-Laure and Joelle).

I also got to meet Janet and her friend. Janet is part of my Tree of Life SAL and I was so pleased to meet her in the flesh and see her tree in real life too! Thanks for coming to see us!


Janet and I with our Tree of Life SAL
We met up with Sarah Hibbert from Quilts Corner Stone..a lovely bubbly lady who loves to do uncounted cross stitch and modern textile art. Check her work out on Instagram (quiltscornerstone)
Sarah and I

Another welcome passer by ( with his own stand) was Mike Powell...who I'm sure I don't have to introduce to you all?!


Michael Powell making me laugh!

Expositions

Apart from the commercial stands we were lucky to have some amazing expositions at the show..from "tight" people, to 3D goldwork animals, to giant faces and hands and all sorts of textile designs. 








We were sad to take the stand down on sunday night as we were on a high from the great 4 days spent in your company..but a tired face and compulsory high vis jacket later it was done!



I'm pleased to announce that I will be doing the show again in 2020..so I'm getting my head into gear to create some new designs for you! I hope to meet you then! We've got a year to get to know each other before then!

I hope that you've enjoyed this article about the show and wish you a great stitching week full of  crosses, colour and light

Happy Stitching!

Melanie

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire