Hello Bar

jeudi 20 juin 2019

Is it Possible To Escape Time?



Hi there!

This week is a peculiar particular week in our household, as in millions of others all around France and in the French territories..Lily is sitting her written exams for the Baccaleureat, so as you can imagine stress levels are pretty high and that we only get to see her when she comes out of her room to use the bathroom or to come down and feed her brain through her stomach!

This week I'll be talking about one of her exams in particular and how the subject lines in it resonate completely in me ( and I'm sure in you too) and more importantly with stitching!



The French Baccaleureat

I don't know about you but over here in France the Baccaleureat is a big deal!
Kid's have been told about the 'BAC' throughout their school lives..it's like a carrot to aim for as a goal, or a threat to get them to stay motivated and work..Lily recalls this message being given to her in her last year in infants school ( 6yrs old)..so you can understand why these exams become so important in all the students' eyes!

Another thing that makes my mind boggle is that in terminale ( last year of secondary school) all the kids have to study philosophy..for just that year, just one year and be expected to write a complex essay about subjects like:

Is all awareness liberating? 
Does the idea of total freedom make sense? 
Is the notion of the psychic unconscious contradictory?

Historically philosophy is the first written exam to take place..and it's one of the most feared because of it's complexity and number of possible points to be gained or lost depending on your mark...

The topics of the Baccaleureat philosophy 2019 exam were the following..and for once I find them interesting and they appeal to me!

Is it possible to escape time?
What's the point of explaining a piece of Art?

These are two questions that inspire me and that for me have a link with stitching and embroidery!






My interpretation of question 1

I'm pleased that I'm 50 years old now and that my exams are far behind me, because to be honest I don't think that I have the right brain power or mindset to sit a 4 hr exam but I took an interest into this first question because it inspired me on a stitching level..I don't think I would pass the exam with my answers but they can help you

So my simple answer would be..that yes it's possible to escape time...when you stitch!

Stitching allows us to escape completely ... to forget about time .. to get out of our problems or our troubles.
It allows us to let go, to escape and open up to receive messages or answers and solutions!
It permits us to take time out in our day and to put time on pause in order to take a breather and do ourselves good.
A 30 minute seance of cross stitching can be as effective as a yoga lesson or a meditation!

Apart from helping escape time stitching is a wonderful tool against stress, depression, addictions and medication! It's been proven time and time again, and I have met people who's miracle stories thanks to stitching

In any case for me it saved me and gave me a true sense to my life!



I would love to know your answers to the following questions..please add them to the comments below!
  • Which of the two subjects would you choose if you were sitting this exam instead of the students?
  • Do you agree with me that embroidery is a great tool, and essential to your well-being?
Thanks for reading my article and for following me each week! If you enjoy my writing, designs and coloured products and would like to be part of my Facebook group please follow this link

You'll become part of a great stitching community and be one of my privileged stitchers. Exclusive posts, news and contests and first hand announcements on up and coming offers and free give aways.

Have a great week full of cross stitch colour and light!

Happy Stitching
Melanie
xxxxxx


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire