Hello Bar

jeudi 9 avril 2020

Just How Far Would You Go To Stitch?


Hello to you!

So here we are we're the 9th of April and over here in France we've been in lock down for 24 days.. and still nothing clear about where this will lead and when we'll be able to come out of social hibernation...but i've learnt to stop worrying about forget about the certain things in life and trust that the best thing will happen for me, for my family, my friends, everyone I know and everyone I don't know yet! 

I've learnt a big lesson in life which is how to feel comfortable being uncomfortable! I feel like we have to trust what is coming rather than worrying about what is happening, how it'll progress and eventually end, and look forward to a more positive future!

This week I'm going to talk about something very different though than the C19 and about world confinement! I've been seeing lots of original cross stitch and embroidery photos on the web and wanted to share them with you.

Just How Far Would You Go To Stitch?

As the article title suggests this week I'm asking the question just how far you'd go to stitch? As a stitcher you can understand when I say that we can become obsessed by our hobby and pastime. I often dream about cross stitch and embroidery and I know that when I worked as a teacher I longed to be at home to be able to progress on my latest design!

As these photos show stitchers are finding more and more places to stitch or original ways to stitch!

Urban Embroidery

This type of urban stitching has been popular for a couple of years now and it's a great way to bring colour and creativity to a city centre or ugly wire wall...



Source

Source
Here it's an old metal cylinder that has been decorated..probably with metal crosses but in a cross stitch style..It's a lovely piece of urban art..don't you agree?



Cross Stitched Objects

Once you've been stitching for a while and you've stitched  a lot of designs you can quite easily want to search for something a bit different to stitch on than your regular fabric. You start seeing stitch able things everywhere..or at least i do.. You can see in some of theses photos:


Source

Source

Cross Stitch and Embroidery Tattoos

I don't have a tattoo and have never even thought about getting one. I find some of these tattoos really pretty though and if I HAD to get one for some reason I'd maybe choose one like these...


Source

Source
So what do you think. Which of the above are you most attracted to or would you most likely do as a cross stitcher? Urban art in your town, some stitching on different stitch able objects or even go as far as getting a cross stitch tattoo?
Let me know in the comments below..I'd love to know!


Special Offer

Just to let you know that I'm prolonging my special offer as it seems that the lock down is set to last for a while longer. In order to help you in your quest to find charts (paper and PDF's), kits, threads and fabric to buy to help occupy yourself during this confined time I've decided to give you a discount code to benefit from 19 percent off your order on my online shop or on Etsy.




Please use : -19OFFER on my online store www.tometlilycreations.com/en

or 19OFFER on my Etsy Boutique https://etsy.me/2G79Mdv

Have a great week full of stitches, colour and light! I'll see you online on my facebook page and in my different groups! Let's keep in contact and help each other get through this in the best way possible! See you next week!

Happy Stitching!
Melanie

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire