Hello Bar

jeudi 18 avril 2019

Hommage for Notre Dame Paris + Show Report



Hi there! 


Wow what a week! I spent a busy week between preparations for the Tendances Créatives Show in Agen; an injury I got during a handball match; the show itself (which was rather disappointing to be honest) then the terrible images of the cathedral Notre Dame on fire also touched me deeply.
This week I’ll take you on a tour of the different "Notre Dame" embroidery designs in order to pay my respects and showcase this 850 year old Gothic building that symbolises Paris and France almost as much as the Eiffel Tower.


I’ll also show you some photos of the TC show in Agen and present a new designer  stand that I had the pleasure of meeting during this event. By the way, I’d like to welcome all the new stitchers here
who registered on my mailing list and thank you and also encourage you to follow me on Facebook, Instagram and my new podcast!

Notre Dame - Paris

I think you must have been as moved as much as me in front of the images of the cathedral of Notre Dame on fire Monday night? Even if you don't live in France? I was extremely touched by what was happening at the cathedral and I felt emotions similar to those I felt on September 11, 2001 watching the World Trade Center towers on fire ...

I decided that instead of putting pictures of this unique monument suffering and on fire I would rather have a look at some of the different stitched pieces in order to honour it and show it in all it's splendour (that I trust will be restored after all the renovation work)

Here is what I found while surfing the net.


A beautiful interpretation of the cathedral by the talented french textile artist Charles-Henry. You can see this piece and many of his other architectural embroidery by clicking on the link below
Notre Dame in cross stitch by Marine Leonard - Au Fil de L'Ange
Notre Dame - Martine Leonard

A very realistic cross stitch piece found on Etsy

Notre Dame- InspirationCraftsUa

 A pretty cross stitch frame by Veronique Enginger from her Un Jour à Paris collection
Notre Dame - V. Enginger


Traditional embroidery by Charlene Segala of Carnets de Broderie.
Notre Dame- Charlene Segala


In any case these embroideries perfectly reflect the beauty and splendour of this famous building and I hope with all my heart that the damage won't be too serious and that it'll be restored as quickly as possible.

Tendances Creatives Show - Agen
Changing the subject completely,  here are some pictures of my stand at the Tendances Créatives show in Agen..I was very optimistic seeing the beautiful venue and the quality of all the different stands. It was crowded and busy, but it seemed that the visitors didn't know what they were really looking for. I don't think that there were many stitchers and it's a great shame because there were some lovely designer stands and a couple of haberdashery shops too.



In spite of that, I was able to talk with the stitchers who made it to my stand, and I really enjoyed making their acquaintance and meeting a few old acquaintances too. I think that the highlight of the weekend was helping a young 11 year old to start cross stitching. She was over the moon. I love it when my stand and products inspire people to start stitching, especially young stitchers!


New Designer
At this show I met a charming young designer .. not a cross stitch one but felted wool products. Her name is Anne and she has even created her own brand of  slippers called Coozi



She sells these slippers as a self-made kit and encourages these customers to personalise them.
She also sells finished slippers, bags, woollen socks and other finished products.
I recommend you have a look at her site and make the most of it's warm and cozy atmosphere.


Pyrenees Creation

Thank you for reading my article this week! I'll be back in your inbox next week with a new article.Till then have a great week full of stitches, colour and light!

Happy Stitching!
Melanie
xxxxxx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire