Hello Bar

jeudi 28 mars 2019

Back from the Middle Ages + A Pistachio Macaroon



Hello!

Freshly returned from Landouges, just next to Limoges .. I 'm just emerging from my 5 days away! Yesterday and the day before yesterday where difficult and I had trouble getting going! Today I feel much better and I'm happy to show you some pictures taken during this show. I would also like to ask you your opinion on some questions that I have that will help me organise and create for you in the future!

First of all, I would like to warmly welcome the new stitchers that I met during this show and with whom I shared some cool conversations. Welcome to this blog and to this intimate group around me and my creations. I hope you'll enjoy yourself here and that we'll exchange together here often.


Show in Landouges




To help you situate Landouges, it's 5 minutes from Limoges. A pretty town with lots of lovely and welcoming stitchers. We were greeted with a smile and jolly spirits every day.

The show was held over 4 days from Friday to Monday. We were separated into in two halls very close to each other and easily accessible on foot. There was a mix of designers and shops.  The association, Au Fil de L'Aurence, beautifully exhibited their cross stitch and embroidery pieces in one of the halls too.  The theme was Once Upon a Time, Fables and Stories

I met some charming ladies with whom I could chat and discuss embroidery and the magic of colour. I also saw a lot of clients (that have become friends) thanks to stitching. It was great!

And as a side note the giant macaroons from the bakery weren't bad either!


Macaron Pistache

My (new) Stand

To change a little bit this year I chose to put jean-colored background fabrics on my stand. I wasn't sure whether it was going to be pretty and make my stitched pieces look nice or rather overpower them, but I think it was successful and looked nice. I like the new look! What about you?










Town Centre of Limoges

We were fortunate to be staying with a friend right in the middle of the center of Limoges. A city I didn't know at all before this show. Well I fell in love with this city centre and even felt propelled into the Middle Ages!

I find it amazing that these buildings are in such good condition and have survived for centuries .. it was a live history lesson that we took whilst strolling around after the show.





My next show is D'Uzerche on May 10th and 11th ... another beautiful city with equally fascinating architecture .. I'll share some photos from there too!


Your opinion?

Your opinion is precious to me in all that I create .. the charts and designs, the stitching fabrics and thread colours and now.. for my Podcast.


What! Haven't you listened to my new podcast yet? It's called Cross Stitch, Color & Wellness and you can listen to it here on Anchor, on I Tunes or Spotify .. also available in French (Broderie, BienEtre & Couleur) if you want to perfect your French ;)

Your opinion really interests me a lot about this podcast.Please add your answers in the comments under this article or by email: tometlily@hotmail.com


  • Do you usually listen to podcasts?
  • Which podcasts do you listen to?
  • Which podcasts are you subscribed to?
  • What questions or subjects would you like me to discuss in a future podcast?
  • Which designers would you like me to invite on the podcast?

Thank you for your answers because they'll help me a lot to define my future episodes. If you liked my article please don't hesitate to share it with your friends and on social networks!


Until the next article next week, I wish you a very pleasant week surrounded by embroidery, colour and light!

Happy Stitching!
Melanie
xxxxxx







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire