Hello Bar

jeudi 25 novembre 2021

Instagram Crush + Contest Winners!

 


Hi There

How are you doing? I didn't write an article last week because I was up to my eye balls in advent calendars! Now that they're all arrived or safely on their way, I have some time to write a few words and keep you up to date with all my latest information. By the way for those that have received one or is about to please check that your Scandinavian calendar has Silver sachets and that the Metallic calendar has bronze/gold sachets..there has been a mix up with one of my customers and I wouldn't want anyone to not have the right calendar!

In today's article I'll be introducing a new stitching friend that i found on Instagram, and I'll be announcing the names of the two contest winners.. it may be you, so please read on…

Instagram Crush


Source: poppy_stitches

I wanted to introduce you to this pretty Instagram account I discovered a while back. It's called poppy_stitches. The page was created by Fiona from the UK to share her cross stitching projects and has become very popular and she has quite a following now. I'm not surprised, have a look at some of the photos from her page...



Source: poppy_stitches


I love her use of colour and the designs she has chosen to stitch. She has great taste and I find that her photos really motivate me to pick up my needle. The way she takes her photos and uses props really puts her stitching work in the spotlight..


I thought I'd reach out and ask her to choose her favourite thread bundles from my subscription to receive and use in a design, in exchange for some yummy photos. She accepted and chose the October GOLD bundle.

She recently posted some photos of the thread pack and couldn't resist to start a new design with them. The design is a free chart from Owl Forest Embroidery. It's a small start but promises to look amazing and I think that the GOLD thread bundle is a great choice for the design! I can't wait and I hope that you'll follow her page and keep up to date with the design too?


Photos: poppy_stitches


October Thread Pack Contest Winner




Last month I launched a contest to win a free monthly bundle for any new subscribers and one lucky stitcher has been chosen and gets the October pack for free. The winner selected was Sandra! Congratulations go to her!




November Thread Pack Contest Winner


I launched a contest last week to guess the November thread colours and received many different answers! Not many of you found the right colours, but I placed the correct ones together and drew out the lucky winner. The lucky stitcher is Jeanne Eymard! Congratulations!


I hope that you enjoyed discovering this new Instagram account and Fiona's lovely stitching, use of colour and photos? I hope that you'll follow her and watch as her Autumn sampler takes shape?
I'll be back next week..maybe a bit before to share the November pack threads (another lovely pack if I don't say so myself ;) ) that I'm very proud of

I wish you a great week and to have fun stitching and choosing Christmas gifts for all. Please favour small businesses, creative entrepreneurs and local artisanal shops for your gifts again this year. You'll make the giftee really happy with an original present and support and encourage the small business owner at the same time!

Have Fun Stitching!

Melanie
xxxxxx



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire