Hello Bar

jeudi 18 mars 2021

New Fabric Name + Symbolism of GREEN

Hi There!

This week I've been getting things ready for the April pack in my thread subscription..I'm trying to get ahead of myself and have one months subscription ready to go in advance...this would mean less stress at the end of the month and more time for me to create other amazing offers for you!

In this article I'll be announcing the winner of my flash fabric colour contest! Last week I revealed the new fabric colour and asked you to give me your best names for it. I had so many answers with lots of lovely colour ideas..I was a bit overwhelmed to be honest... I don't think I've ever had as many people entering one of my contests before! A sincere big thank you to you all! It's just a shame that I can't reward all of you...well maybe I can..keep an eye out on my social media platforms to find out how very soon...

To begin the article today I'll talk about the colour Green and briefly what it represents and it's symbolism! Enjoy!

Symbolism of the Colour GREEN



The colour Green is associated with the fourth chakra, that of the heart. The one halfway down the body, in the chest, representing self-love and gratitude. The heart itself is Magenta but green is all that surrounds the heart. We associate green with nature of course, and all plant life. It's soothing, refreshing and even has antiseptic healing values.



In Western culture, it's associated luck. But in the cinema and the theatre this colour is taboo and forbidden! 
This belief was inherited from the Middle Ages. At that time, copper oxide was used to dye the costumes green. This chemical compound, being very toxic, and very unstable in the presence of moisture, was known to have been at the origin of many intoxications in the acting world.  That's the reason for this strange tradition ...

Green also reflects balance and love for oneself, independence and autonomy and of course hope.  When you like this colour you're probably very comfortable being on your own, and are happy in the great outdoors!

On the contrary, not liking green often implies that a person likes to be surrounded by family and friends and likes to feel reassured and not alone.

Green in Embroidery

Green is very fashionable right now in the world of embroidery. If you have an account on Instagram or you go on Pinterest you wouldn't have been able to miss this trend. Succulents and embroidered cacti are very popular!


 Some of Sarah K Benning's work

New Green Embroidery Book by Charlène Pourias


Some well known and well used DMC green threads are 701, 906 and 987..or Sapin, Romarin and Verveine in the Fils Atalie range?!


How about you?
  • Do you like green?
  • Have you ever stitched any cacti or trendy succulents??
  • When you see green, what do you feel?
  • When you wear green, how does it make you feel?
  • What does green represent for you?

Fabric Colour Contest 

Just as a quick reminder here are a few photos of the new colour, first in the bucket in colour and also ironed and ready, along with a couple of others colours that I think look great together.





Emerald (right) along with Santorini (middle) and Paon



Fabric Colour Contest Winner



And the winner is...... Julie BERNABE. CONGRATULATIONS go to her and she'll be receiving a piece of the new fabric soon!!! The new name is EMERAUDE (Emerald)..it was a very popular choice and is just right for this fabric colour.



Thank you for reading me.. and for your answers to my questions in the article ... It would be great if you could add them to the comments below. I look forward to finding out whether you like this colour or not!

If you liked my article please don't hesitate to share it with your friends and on social media!


Have a great week!

Happy Stitching
Melanie
xxxxxx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire