Hello Bar

jeudi 19 septembre 2019

Stars that Stitch!

Hello!

How are you today? Well, I hope? I'm doing fine! I'm preparing the Knitting & Stitching Show in London next month so I spend my days dyeing embroidery fabric and threads. I'm also working on designs for my future book, so even if the nest has emptied quick enough, I have plenty to do to keep me occupied!


Visit my page on the Knitting & Stitching Show Site

This week I asked myself whether there were any stars or famous  people who stitch! I did some research and I found some..not that many,  but there are a few well known ones !!! When you look closely they gain peace and centering when they stitch ( like we do) and often when they're working on set..


Ready to find out who which celebs are hooked on stitching?


Jean-Pierre Coffe - France
We start with our national french TV star Jean Pierre Coffe,  
who was known for these angry out spurts on TV against junk food. He was also a well known cross 
stitch fan.


Dame Judy Dench- England
Internationally renowned British actress (M in seven James Bond, Chocolate,
Victoria and Abdul among hundreds of others). She is adept of "profanity cross-stitch" 
where designs consist of swear words and generally unpleasant insults! Who would have 
thought it!

She stitches on film sets while waiting for her scenes.
Judy Dench - Source

Miranda Richardson- England
Next up we have this famous British actress. Miranda Richardson is a world famous theatre,
 television and hollywood movie actress. She stitches on film shoots to keep herself occupied 
between scenes "It avoids me getting bored" 
An article about her passion appeared in the Dailymail newspaper about her hobby.
Do you recognise Reeta Skeeter, the journalist in Harry Potter ... it's her!


Reeta Skeeter alias Miranda Richardson

Henry Fonda - USA
Another notorious actor Henry Fonda,  also used to  stitch during film and blockbusters sets in the 60's and 70's. It seems that even once "retired" he continued to stitch as a hobby.

Henry Fonda - Source

Claire Danes - USA
American actress Claire Danes, from the Homeland series (amongst others), is also 
a stitching fan and stitches on set.
Claire Danes

On the Homeland Set
Chris Hemsworth- Australia
This Australian actor is known worldwide for his role as THOR in the Marvel movie Thor.
He talks about his 'secret' talent in this article. He says that when he was little he was very 
agitated and cross stitch helped him to calm down, concentrate and centre himself!

Chris Hemsworth - Thor

Prince Charles
Last but not least.... Prince Charles ... and yes this one surprised me too! Caught in the act
shortly after William's birth ... I don't know whether he still stitches or not though... that'll be 
a question to ask him the next time I go to the palace to have tea !!

Prince Charles


  • So are there any that surprise you?
  • or maybe that you already knew about?
  • Do you know of any other celebrities who stitch?
  • Have you seen people stitching in adverts or in a series recently? 
I would be really interested to read your comments under this article!
Please don't hesitate to share my article on your favourite social networks and amongst your 
friends! It'll help me spread the word about my blog and my brand! 

Have a wonderful week!

Happy Stitching!

Melanie
xxxxxx 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire