Hello Bar

jeudi 30 septembre 2021

2021 Advent Calendar - Do You Want One?


Hello!

How have you been this past week? Have you been doing much stitching? I really hope so! I must admit that I haven't had much time to stitch because I've been busy getting all my subscriptions ready and posted this week... The September thread pack and the new Autumn fabrics are on their way. I've also been working on a long term project that I can't tell you about yet and getting ideas down for the new Advent Calendar!! Yes I'm already thinking about Christmas of all things so soon after the end of the summer season!

This week I'll be asking for your thoughts about the new calendar and I'm going to be launching the October thread contest.

Stitchers's Advent Calendar 2021



As some of you might know, I've been creating and producing a stitchers Advent Calendar for quite a few years now. Last years was very successful with the choice between two themes, Traditional Christmas or Tropical Christmas. Both were much appreciated!
This year I've already started getting messages from stitchers worldwide asking me whether I'll be selling a calendar again this year!

The answer is probably yes..although I'm still thinking about the two versions I might offer!
I have the alternative Calendar designed and I'm starting to prepare the colours (and extra gifts) for it..but I'm stuck on whether to do the Traditional Christmas yet again or not and I'd love to know what you'd think.

If you'd like to have information about the calendars and be first in line for one as the numbers will be restricted again this year...preparing them takes A LOT of work so I have to keep the numbers available down, please send me a message via mail ( tometlily@hotmail.com) or messenger, and this will give me an idea of how many I need to make!


October Thread Contest


It's that time of the month where I invite you to take part in my monthly contest to guess the following months thread colours or theme. What do you think the October pack will have in store for you?

Please write your ideas and answers below! You could win one of the new pack threads!


Monthly Thread Subscription



If you'd like to see more photos of the past thread bundles, find out what's included and sent to you each month and subscribe or gift a subscription to someone please have a look here: http://bit.ly/MonthlyThreadsSubscription

I look forward to seeing your entries for the October pack contest and seeing how many of you would like information on the 2021 Advent Calendar when its ready! Have fun in the Autumn sun and keep stitching!

Happy Stitching!

Melanie
xxxxxx

10 commentaires:

  1. Super excited about the Christmas advent calendar and would love to take part; because I live in NZ a tropical christmas would be awesome. Also October, I think purples, oranges, yellows and shades of red and black :)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hi Zeb
      Thanks for your contest answers! No Tropical this year..watch this space!

      Supprimer
  2. I think the October colours will be based on the American tradition of visiting the pumpkin patch. Golden straw colour for the hay ride, bright and dark orange for pumpkins with yellow and green for their stalks. stalks. In addition, bright red for the cold, red faces of people picking their pumpkins, and a dark blue twilight sky behind them. The sky is an Etoile thread, with sparkles for stars.
    Oh now I really want it to be this!

    Looking forward to seeing what you create!

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Katie (Katherine) O'Donnell30/09/2021 09:58

    This is such a cool idea! I'd love to see the traditional Christmas version. Can you share what you did last year? Thank you!!!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I don't have any pics of the threads I sent..only the visuals I used to promote..The Traditional was Reds, Greens, Whites browns etc

      Supprimer
  4. love the idea of an advent calendar, usually I prefer traditional but it depends also on the theme for the alternative one.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. They're very fun to receive and open.. watch out for an email to find out this years versions ;)

      Supprimer
  5. Looking forward to the advent calendars! Can't wait to see what you come up with :). As for October - I'm thinking it'll be either oranges and purples for Halloween or pinks for Breast Cancer Awareness month.

    RépondreSupprimer