Hello Bar

jeudi 22 août 2019

Empty Nest Syndrome..Ever heard of it?


Hello There!

This week, I'm away from home ... not too far, but not in France anyway! We away enjoying a family holiday .. with my husband Gilles and Lily, our daughter.. we're joining Tom , our son, and the rest of my family for 10 days (photos to follow 😉)
I'm taking my Tree of Life with me .. the colours will change drastically I think! We'll be living winter temperatures again ahead of time!
You'll be able to see exactly which temperatures we've had in the 29th August article! Only if I feel up to it though....

This week I'll be talking about the Empty Nest syndrome..Have you heard of it before? Thousands of parents will be living through this worldwide!

Happy but still Sad

The definition of this syndrome is: Empty nest syndrome is a feeling of grief and loneliness parents may feel when their children leave home for the first time, such as to live on their own or to attend a college or university. It is not a clinical condition.
This is exactly what we'll be living in a couple of days!

Lily will be leaving with her brother from our holiday spot to go to Paris, where she will begin a new phase in her life! And we'll be coming back, just the two of us, to start a new phase of our lives too! I'm dreading it because my children are my life and I'm going to miss them both and I'm worried I'll find myself very alone .. I'm sad already just to think about it .. I'm going to need your company and support my friends! I'm very proud of my children and the amazing people they have become and I know that I can't "keep" them forever .. it's just that there'll be no more young people at home .. they're my kids but also my friends..the house lives through them and our family works well at 4 or 3 ...

Source
And you?
  • Have any of you lived through this Empty Nest Syndrome?
  • Do you have any tips for me to get through this stage in my life?
  • Will I find the same people once they've left the house?
  • Are you in the same situation as me for the this new school year?
I take comfort in telling me that I'll have more time to devote to my company and to you, to my designs and my future book, to my chromo-therapist training, to my health etc etc. but it hurts anyway ! In any case I would like to know your experiences in this area and I am open to any advice! Have a beautiful week filled with joy, cross stitch, colour and light! Enjoy being with your children or those around you!

Happy Stitching
Melanie
xxxxxx



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire