Hello Bar

jeudi 16 janvier 2020

Procrastinating Whirlwind + Secret Rescue Remedy



Hi there!

Today is the 16th of January and 2020 is off to a flying start! We're already in week three of the year and so much is already going on for me! Decisions to make, projects to design and trying to divide myself into as many parts as possible to try and do everything I want to achieve! 
Some days I think that I've bitten off more than I can chew and get overwhelmed and start to seriously stress out. I get a horrid feeling in my body, in my stomach. My heart beats faster and I start to get hot (which usually sets of a hot flush on top of that!) and I generally feel like crawling back into bed and under the warm duvet!
Does this sound familiar to you? Read on if it does!

Procrastinating Whirlwind

When I feel myself getting into a state about something I do naturally try and put off dealing with the thing..I procrastinate and look for other things to do to occupy my time. 
If you're anything like me you'll begin by convincing yourself that everything is fine and that you've got something far more important to get on with (like get to the next level in Farmhouse Heroes) and that you'll get to the important job next..as soon as this one is done..but you don't.
You get into a procrastinating whirlwind, which in itself causes more and more stress until you just can't keep it up and ..either explode, or fall into an emotional heap on the sitting room floor! Frequently with spectators there to watch as well! Embarrassing isn't it?!

Stitching to the Rescue



Have you also ever noticed how good you feel after taking some time away from your 'troubles'? Going out for a quick walk, reading a book, cooking a meal or doing something totally unrelated to the problem?
This is where we, as stitchers, are so lucky! We are the privileged few who have our own type of rescue remedy...Cross stitch and embroidery!
I don't know if you're aware but stitching has been compared to meditation and yoga and shares similar effects on the brain. 
As when you empty your mind during a meditation and let go of your consciousness you allow yourself to open up and receive ideas and solutions to your questions and problems. It's a bit like when you dream at night and your questions are resolved during your highly relaxed state. It's the same thing when you stitch! 

I take a deep breath and centre myself with a few stitches and my mind gets the clarity it needs to not give in to the panic and even get the solution of how to put everything I need to do in order of urgency into list form that I can tick off each as I progress through the list.

2020 Tree of Love Temperature SAL


If you would like to keep your stress levels down this year and allow yourself at least 15 minutes of stitching per day, you are more than welcome to come and join in the 2020 Tree of Love Temperature SAL.
Just a small heart to stitch per day according to the temperature outside. From 1st January to 31st December stitching and sharing together. At the end of the year you'll have your very own unique temperature tree, have helped your health and well being and made lots of stitching friends
The basic chart price is 10€ for 366 days of stitching! There are some thread packs still available, but there are a lot out of stock (the packs were very popular!)
For all the information you need please follow this link:

I really would like you to leave me a comment under this article, or if you prefer to send me a message by mail tometlily@hotmail.com or on FB messenger. 

  • Tell me whether you catch yourself out procrastinating?
  • Do you get stressed out when overwhelmed?
  • What methods do you use to deal with it?
  • Do you feel the positive benefits that stitching have on your wellness?

Have a great week full of cross stitching and doing things you enjoy (with the minimum amount of procrastinating possible), loads of colourful encounters and light!
Happy Stitching!
Melanie
xxxxxx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire