Hello Bar

jeudi 6 juin 2019

Quotation of the Month - June



Hi There!

Welcome to my blog and weekly article on embroidery, colour and well being. If you're used to reading me here, you know how important women's wellbeing and happiness is to me.

That my mission in life is to bring you joy and satisfaction in yours, by teaching you how to put yourself forward and to take time for yourself .. to forgive and love yourself more than anything in the world!

If you are new here, thank you very much for following me and giving me the honour of reading my weekly blog posts!

I hope you'll find fun and interesting articles in many different fields, but above all that you'll feel well surrounded in this community and not alone in the world of stitching, colour and well-being!

Following last week's article and the photos of SAL Tree of Life for the month of May, this week my article will be shorter ..

During my research on the net, I found a quote that perfectly illustrates the cause that I support, that of the benefits of embroidery on health and wellness..


Quote of the month

This month the quote is a quote from St. Teresa of Avila. She was a Spanish nun, born March 28, 1515 in Gotarrendura (Old-Castile) and died October 4, 1582 in Alba de Tormes. Deeply mystical, she leaves writings on her spiritual experience that make her be considered a major figure in Christian spirituality.

Apparently she was also an adept of threads and needles, and she had discovered the health benefits embroidery has and its effects on the brain, body and general mood of women.


This quote englobes one of the most important health benefits that regular hand stitching can bring you.. I know that I'm repeating myself over and over but that's because it's so important for you to know that good that you're doing every time you stitch! 

Stitching is medication within itself and should be prescribed instead of pharmaceutical medication! 

How about you

  • Do you agree with this quote from Sister Teresa?
  • Do you feel the health benefits from your daily stitching?
  • Do you think that stitching should be prescribed as a form of medicine?
  • Have you been able to reduce medication thanks to stitching?

I look forward to reading your replies (either in the comments below or via mail or messenger) and wish you an excellent week bathed in colour, light and lots of xxxxxx's

Forget the housework..Get Stitching!

Happy Stitching!

Melanie

xxxxxx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire