Hello Bar

jeudi 17 juin 2021

Stitching By Numbers - Wol Fratsen

 


Hi There! 

This week I'll be going down memory lane, and quite possibly be taking you with me! I've started getting feedback and photos back on some of the projects my subscribers have been stitching with their monthly threads, and one of them really took my fancy this week.

So much so that I wanted to find out more about the designer of the chart and it opened up a whole new stitching world to me that I didn't even know existed! Isn't it great to find new amazing designers and to think that there are hundreds of others out there waiting to be discovered!

I'll be highlighting this new (to me) designer and sharing some of her work with you; I'm sure you're going to love her designs too.

Memory Lane

When I was little I was obsessed by a birthday present someone had given me at one of my parties. It was the complete set of drawing tools called Spirograph. Does that name ring a bell for you too? Maybe you even had one yourself?


Any how from that moment onwards my love of geometrical patterns was born. I just remember feeling very satisfied every time I created a drawing with my game. Thinking back now I'm not surprised! It's very much like when you do cross stitch or Blackwork, and the repetitive movements calm you and help your brain secrete the right feel good hormones to help you feel content, relaxed and satisfied.

As well as the spirograph, our mum used to buy us geometrical pattern colouring pads for our long drives down from the UK to Perpignan every summer..and I absolutely loved colouring them in and creating patterns within patterns!


Example of the type of patterns I used to love colouring


No wonder I love blackwork pattern fillers so much. I have also done quite a lot of Zentangle drawing too in the past few years, which had a similar relaxing feel to it and lots of puzzles. All this to say that I like things to be organised and balanced and that in turn helps my brain stay balanced.

As well as the spirograph, our mum used to buy us geometrical pattern colouring pads for our long drives down from the UK to Perpignan every summer. You must be wondering why I'm going on about a childhood game I had and what it has in common with stitching.. I'm getting there don't worry!

Ruban du Sud

Fabienne from Ruban du Sud is a fantastic quilter and professionally quilts all your patchwork designs for you. http://rubandusud.over-blog.com/ 

She is also one of my thread subscribers, and she stitches to wind down after her work and to relax. She sent me some photos of her work, using my threads and I fell in love with them straight away and when you see them I think that you'll understand why!

Stitched with the May pack
 

Stitched with the February pack

Do they remind you of anything? Exactly the same type of patterns that I've loved since I was little. Stitched with traditional embroidery stitches and gorgeous mix of graduating colours. I asked Fabienne if she was the designer, but it wasn't her.. she told me who it was and I searched the net for her immediately.

Wol Fratsen

This is Myrte Biondic, from Holland , who is the designer behind the make Wol Fratsen. She has many designs of the sort and it's really fun because each section is a numbered shape..you stitch with her proposed colours or interpret the design with your choice of colours..it's a bit like stitching by numbers!

Myrte Biondic of Wol Fratsen

You can see some of her designs in the photo below, but there are many more and I would really recommend going over to her website to have a look. You can find it by following this link: https://wolfratsen.com/



She also has an Instagram account that you could follow and keep up with her designs: instagram @wolfratsen 


I hope you enjoyed this article and liked discovering this designer? I would love to find out if you had a spirograph and that you were a fan or not? Also have you already come across Wol Fratsen and their designs? Please let me know in the comments below or via messenger or mail: tometlily@hotmail.com

I hope you have a great week from now till next Thursday. I'll see you in one of my groups, on my website or Etsy shop, or why not on my FB or Instagram page ( I'm still having fun creating Reels!!)

Happy Stitching!

Melanie

xxxxxx

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire