Hello Bar

jeudi 28 février 2019

Pexiora and Leaving My Comfort Zone + New Product


Hello!

Today marks the  end of February! Already yes ... we've had an extremely mild winter here in France so far with very warm temperatures .. we've had the impression that winter is over already and that we're already in spring. It's very nice and truly beautiful days but it disturbs me because the weather is changing and nature is turned upside down .

First of all, I wanted to warmly welcome all the news stitchers to my newsletter. Some of you may be visiting here for the first time. Thank you for following me and I encourage you to comment and support me by coming every week! I want this blog to be a place of sharing and a safe and comfortable community for all.

Pexiora Show

This weekend I spent three days in the village of Pexiora, between Carcassonne and Castelnaudary in the South of France. We celebrated the 10th anniversary of the La Passion au Bout des Doigts association, during this fair .. and it was a great party!

There were many visitors already on the first day (and the others following) and we were very hot ..even in February!
SOURCE
My Stand

The salon of Pexiora was my first show of the year 2019. For those who are used to coming to see me at shows, you can see that I've changed the background colour of my stand.

I usually have a champagne beige backdrop, but this year I've opted for a very soft blue jean.

I like it and I think the stitched pieces stand out well on this background, but it disturbed us during the installation! We just couldn't progress and felt stuck! 






Comfort Zone

Like with any changes it can disrupt your mind, stepping out of your usual zone of comfort too. Despite the fact that it's not that easy at all ... we must push ourselves to do it because that's where the magic operates. This is where we get the results we want and even results that lay beyond our expectations.

From something that may seem negative (leaving something known and comfortable) comes something really positive. Try to get out of your comfort zone to reach one of your dreams ... live your life even better with an open mind, you'll come out even more confident and positive!

By opening yourself up to the world, expanding your knowledge, your curiosity and your experiences you'll really discover who you are and what you love in life and what is important to you.

Remember this quote the next time you stop yourself from evolving! Become the actor of your life and not the spectator!





Embroidery Contest - Pexiora

During this show there was a contest (there's one for each edition), with a birthday theme. There were some great creations in competition .. and it was very hard to choose 3 winners .. you can see all the entries here on the blog of the association .. Which ones would you have chosen?

I voted for someone who will recognise herself here. Her stitched piece was very colourful and you know  how much I love colour!

Congratulations to all the participants ..To see who the winners are have a look here: 

New - Tote Bags

At this show I presented a new range of coloured products. These are my hand dyed Tote Bags.
These cotton bags are designed for shopping and re-usable to infinity and beyond! I imagine them very well as a creative work bag for you to carry your embroidery around everywhere with you.

There are 9 colours and each bag is unique.

Here are some pictures and the link to my site to see the whole collection.











28th February 2019


This day also sounds the end of the month of the SAL 365 Tree of Life .. We've already stitched 59 leaves and our trees are starting to grow! If you want to join us, that's great! I'd love to see your tree of life come alive alongside ours!


There's still time to join in, share this year with stitchers from all over the world. Make 2019 your year, full of intention and self-love and care.

https://bit.ly/2Eg1aDu


Have a wonderful week full of little crosses, colours and light!



Happy Stitching!
Melanie
xxxxxx


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire